Based on over 60 questions that parents ask when looking at educational options for their children, the Guide to International Schools in Japan features six pages on each Japanese international school, including four photographs and 2000 words — it’s like having a mini-prospectus for over one hundred schools, all in one handy package! Each school profile includes:
- Contact information
- Age, gender mix, and nationalities of children
- Class and school size
- History, goals, ethos, and curriculum
- Facilities, hours, terms, and vacations
- Key staff backgrounds and qualifications
- Awards and recognitions
- Languages taught and languages taught in
- Services for bicultural children
- Special needs services and gifted child programs
- Examinations held
- Religious affiliations
- School lunch policies
- Disciplinary procedures
- Education policies
- Transportation and parking
- Expected parental involvement
- Homework expectations
- School trips and special events
- Extracurricular and summer school programs
- Alumni activities
- Fees, discounts, and scholarships
- Application procedures and acceptance criteria
- Plus lots more!
If you are expatriate parents, a bicultural family, or internationally-minded Japanese parents, the Guide to International Schools in Japan is essential reading!
Caroline Pover’s 700-page guidebook profiling over 100 international schools in Japan is available a English-language bookstores throughout Japan, and at online book retailers. Many of the schools featured in the book also have copies for parents to borrow or purchase, and display copies can be found at embassies, doctor’s clinics, restaurants, libraries, and ward offices throughout Japan. Most relocation providers have copies for their clients, and some women’s organisations and charities can benefit from donations made through book sales. For more information go to the book’s website.
Email to order a copy. ¥5,000 including tax.
A Japanese edition of the schools guidebook is currently in production.