From Being A Broad founder, bestselling author, women’s magazine publisher, and award-winning entrepreneur Caroline Pover comes the first in a unique series of books for foreign women teaching English in Japan. Based on questions posed by REAL Japanese women on life, love, friendship, work, sex, marriage, and motherhood—all those things that matter to the women of today—this book is the perfect resource for any female teacher looking for something just a little bit different for their spiritually adventurous Japanese women students! And fun for you, too, if you’re studying Japanese!
- Why do foreign women come to Japan?
- Do they want to try wearing a kimono?
- What do they think about Japanese adults living with their parents?
- Do they have sex the first time they meet someone new?
- What kind of underwear do they wear?
- Do they continue working after marriage?
All these questions and more are answered in the first book in the Ask Caroline series. It’s sometimes serious, sometimes hilarious, and Caroline shares her personal experiences with readers—no topic is taboo to this British woman who has made Japan her home! Student edition also available.
This completely bilingual series features:
- an audio CD of the author reading the English sections of the book
- real-life sentences and situations for the international woman
- tips on behaving in a globally sophisticated manner
- talking points for one-to-one or group discussions
- trivia to surprise you as well as your students
- women-specific vocabulary and phrases